A list of baseball books included new books published in 2013. I’ve included baseball books and books about baseball art, design and fashion.
If you’re looking to get into the baseball books for the first time, or find something new that you haven’t read yet then this page will help you.
I’ve included anthologies of baseball books works so you can discover new authors.
Top Rated Baseball Books
“You need know absolutely nothing about baseball to appreciate the wit, snap, economy .
- “Mostly because I am a huge fan of Michael Lewis and because I was interested in the creative use of statistics by Billy Beane, the general manager of the Oakland A’s.” – Erez Davidi
- “How many times in your life will you read a book that changes fundamentally the way you look at something?” – M J Heilbron Jr.
- “Just finished reading the book over two days.” – R. Mardis
From 2004 to 2011, Terry Francona managed the Boston Red Sox, perhaps the most scrutinized team in all of sports.
- “Oh well it is really a good book with lots of quips from Theo as well as Tito.” – Gweg
- “Well written and very insightful.” – Mike Fatalo
- “Read the whole book in one day, could not put it down.” – Thomas Chen
With a new epilogue by author R.
- “R.A. Dickey has an inspirational story to tell, and shares it honestly and openly.” – lseamans
- “His story is compelling, honest, well written, and inspirational.” – James R. Gilligan
- “I wish he could have read this book.” – amy
THE LAST BASEBALL PLAYER TO BREAK THE MAGIC .
- “Ted Williams has written the best book on hitting.” – MobileRich
- “By far the greatest book ever written on the art of hitting a baseball .” – Heather Tringo
- “This book provides helpful diagrams, which show what pitches are good ones to take a swing at.” – Josh Hanford
- “I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to focus their training on pitching and is serious about playing (again…).” – Michael Moore
- “My son is 16 and I got this book for him for Christmas and he loves it.” – mom of 2 boys
- “Best part about the guidebook is the ease in which the players can use it and follow the workout/throwing program.” – Laura
Mike Piazza’s autobiography—the candid story of the greatest hitting catcher in the history of baseball, from his inauspicious draft selection to his Hall of Fame-worthy achievements and the unusual controversies that marked his career.
- “I recommend this to any fan of baseball looking for a good read.” – Stan Mauceri
- “Mike Piazza was a Great Baseball Player whose star shined in the Big Apple.” – Bill Rosenberg
- “I’m glad I bought the book, have been wanting to read it for awhile.” – Rebecca M Stebbins
A hilarious celebration of the worst in baseball history: The boneheads, cheats, jerks and losers who make the grand old game so fun Libraries and Internet sites are filled to groaning with debates about who the best ballplayers of all time were—but how many times can you argue about Mantle vs.
- “All told, this is a good book that baseball fans will enjoy.” – John Alapick
- “For example, when you say “Bill Buckner” to a baseball fan, every one of them will picture one particular play in the 1986 World Series.” – Jonathan
- “They probably did at least one baseball book too, although I haven’t seen it.” – Brian Hulett
The bestselling annual baseball preview from the smartest analysts in the businessThe essential guide to the 2013 baseball season is on deck now, and whether you’re a fan or fantasy player—or both—you won’t be properly informed without it.
- “I’m huge into fantasy baseball and it helps me out a ton!” – Mike Werner
- “It’s a maddening book in the sense that it doesn’t appeal as much to the hardcore anymore, yet isn’t really that friendly to neophytes either.” – cavscout
- “I read through this and found the stats, analysis , and predictions very interesting and insightful.” – Mark Merryfield
Without a doubt the classic guide to mental performance enhancement for baseball.
- “Start reading the last 4 chapter of the book, why because this is were the meat of the book is.” – BaseBall Rookie
- “Anyone from little league coach, high school coach, college coach, player, or parent should take the time to read this book.” – Big E
- “I found the book to be a "must read" for ANY performer (athlete, musician, dancer, etc) and a great book for anyone seeking personal success in any pursuit.” – WalpoleBassMan
“This book provides practical strategies for developing the mental skills which help speed you to your full potential.
- “This book presents simple and concrete strategies for improving players’ mental focus and process during practices and games.” – Kennon A. Mccaa
- “This book is a great book for baseball(and softball) players and coaches.” – Sandy
- “This book has the answers.” – M. C. O’Neill
Suggestions of the Best Baseball Books
Do you have any book suggestions that you think Baseball Books would love or any feedback on the suggestions in this page? Please feel free to add a comment below.